- Alice is a financial advisor.
- She is working for an insurance company.
- I have been to the doctor.
- Can I talk to the manager?
What are articles used for?Articles are used to show whether we are talking about things that are known both to the speaker and to the listener, or that are not known to them both. Articles can also show we are talking about things in general or particular things.
Points to be notedA singular normally has an article or other determiner (my, this, her, some etc.) with it. We can say a dog, my dog, that dog or every dog, but not just dog.
- I saw a child in the store.
- They have a house in the city.
- Can I use your car?
- He is my friend.
- Who is that boy in the red shirt?
- Children usually rush about.
- Milk is rich in nutrients.
- Is there any milk in the bottle?
- Water is precious.
- Time is money.